Toll free 1-866-296-9473
December is Home Tips Month: Plumbing
During the busy and social month of December, it is especially important to make sure that your home doesn’t suffer from any plumbing issue. Imagine your frustration, or even embarrassment, to run into major plumbing issues when you have a house full of guests. Plumbing has become a necessity in our modern world, and it’s something that we rarely think about until it fails us. And while some people attempt to DIY their repairs, professional plumbers cannot be underestimated to resolve your serious plumbing issues.
Here are some effective plumbing quick tips to keep you going this month and beyond:
- You should know the location of the main water shut-off valve. The valve turns off water in your whole home in just one step.
- Halt any small problem before it turns into a big one. Do you see a leaky faucet somewhere? You need to fix it right away in order to prevent water damage. You must be proactive when it comes to your plumbing.
- You must know the location of your appliances’ shut-off valves. If any of them happens to be troublesome, for instance a leaky washing machine, you may shut water off without having to interrupt the flow of water to other parts of your house.
- You must be more careful during the cold weather. This is because freezing temperatures can really wreak havoc in your plumbing. Consequently, always pay attention to the weather forecast for especially cold days.
- You must invest in high quality insulation for each plumbing pipe so as to prevent any cases of frozen pipes.
- Try to gain a general understanding of basic plumbing problems. However, keep a plumber’s number handy just in case you experience an emergency or a serious plumbing issue.
- During December, you can expect freezing temperatures. For this reason, open the cabinet doors under the sink in order to allow warm air to reach the pipes. This goes miles in helping prevent freezing.
How an Energy Audit Can Identify Plumbing Issues
Just like with any area in your home, you need to be efficient when it comes to plumbing. For instance, your home can avoid wasting water due to a broken plumbing system.