Toll free 1-866-296-9473
Home Energy Assessement Career at BuyWise
We’re looking for Home Energy Advisors
Ontario’s Green Investment Fund mandate is to make homes more energy efficient and by partnering with BuyWise as a Home Energy Advisor, you’re in an industry on the forefront of the latest market demands. With BuyWise, you’ll have access to a network of homeowners needing your help and expertise to identify energy-saving opportunities.
Positions are available throughout Ontario. For details, see below.
We’re here for you every step of the way
To ensure your success, BuyWise maintains an energy management system (NRG-MS®) that tracks all customer files with a host of other metrics. Information is just a click away at all times. This system is an integral part of the BuyWise quality assurance program.
Ongoing energy advisor support includes:
- Upgrade training
- Technical support
- Sales & marketing support for your business and trade, clients, and contractors.
- BuyWise offers 24/7, 365 days per year to respond to client’s calls.
As a BuyWise Energy Advisor, you will receive up to the minute notifications of announcements from NRCan and other funding or program partners so that you can pass along accurate information to your clients.
BuyWise Business Support
Many of our advisors are business owners for the first time and we want each of them to be successful. BuyWise has developed comprehensive manuals to support existing Energy Advisor businesses.
BuyWise Marketing Support
Unlike many of our competitors, we reinvest a substantial portion of revenue directly back to helping increase your volume of business. All of our Energy Advisors receive at no additional cost or significantly subsidized:
- BuyWise branded business cards and a wide range of other marketing materials.
- Branded Newsletters to promote your business
- BuyWise Home Reference Manual (for homeowners) — we are the only Service Organization that provides this to its clients
- Branded Clothing
- Online Centralized Booking system at no additional charge
Energy Advisor Position
As an established, independent Energy Advisor (EA), you have been able to see how retrofits and modifications can have an immediate impact on the energy efficiency of someone’s home resulting in ongoing energy savings for your clients. By partnering with BuyWise Consulting, you’ll be part of a network that will grow and support your business.
- Collect Onsite data of the house
- Conduct air leakage, Blower Door Tests
- Complete and submit all f required documents on behalf of your clients.
- Submit information to our Business Management System
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Excellent Communication Skills – a 2nd language is an asset
- Excellent Computer Skills
- Knowledge of house construction — minimum 3 years experience in:
> New Home Construction, OR
> Residential Home Renovation, OR
> Home Inspection, OR
> Engineering, OR
- Must be willing to travel to surrounding communities
- Acceptable transportation – your own vehicle
- Blower Door Equipment
- Various Small Tools
- Digital Camera
- Microsoft Windows based computer
- 3 in 1 Printer/Sheet Feed Scanner
- High-Speed Internet
Note: a complete list of requirements will be provided to successful candidates.