Toll free 1-866-296-9473
Rebates are Available to Help Improve the Energy Efficiency of your Home
At BuyWise, we monitor energy incentive and rebate programs to keep our clients informed about new programs or changes to existing ones. And when you perform 2 qualifying upgrades, up to $600 of the costs of your home energy assessment is covered.
Current Incentive Programs include:
- The Union Gas Home Reno Rebate program
- CMHC Premium Refund for new and existing housing
- Genworth Canada Mortgage Insurance Premium Refund
Union Gas Home Reno Rebate Program
Make Your Home Snug and Save
A BuyWise Energy Advisor can perform a home energy assessment and will help you select the renovations or upgrades that will make your home more energy efficient and comfortable. Most important of all, you could be eligible for up to $5000 from Union Gas and the province of Ontario toward qualifying upgrades.
CMHC Green Home Program
Energy-efficient homes can be linked to increased comfort and healthier living while improving energy efficiency, reducing greenhouse gas emissions and lowering the cost of owning and maintaining your home.
CMHC Green Home offers a premium refund of up to 25% to borrowers who either buy, build or renovate for energy efficiency using CMHC-insured financing.
Am I Eligible? This is how you qualify…
- Buying or Building a Home
- Buying a Condo
- Renovating Your Home
NOTE: CMHC reserves the right to revise or cancel this program without advance notice, including rebate amounts and eligibility. For more information: https://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/co/moloin/moloin_008.cfm
Genworth Canada Mortgage Insurance Refund
Genworth Canada wants to help protect the environment and support consumers as they make environmentally friendly choices. Through the Energy-Efficient Housing Program, home buyers purchasing an energy-efficient home or making energy saving renovations are now eligible for significant premium savings when Genworth Canada insurance is obtained.
- A 10% refund of the Genworth Canada mortgage insurance premium
- Enhanced qualifying: Debt Servicing Ratios can be calculated using the estimated reduced heating costs as per the energy efficiency evaluation report
- Available on all Genworth Canada mortgage insurance products
- Purchase — New Construction or Existing Home
- Purchase Plus Improvements or Refinance with Improvements — where the improvements are being made to make the home more energy-efficient and are funded through a Genworth Canada insured mortgage
NOTE: Genworth reserves the right to revise or cancel this program without advance notice, including rebate amounts and eligibility. For more info: http://genworth.ca/en/products/energy-efficient-housing.aspx