Toll free 1-866-296-9473
Rebates are Available to Help Improve the Energy Efficiency of your Home
At BuyWise, we monitor energy incentive and rebate programs to keep our clients informed about new programs or changes to existing ones. And when you perform 2 qualifying upgrades, up to $550 of the costs of your home energy assessment is covered.
Home Efficiency Rebate Program
A BuyWise Energy Advisor can perform a home energy assessment and will help you select the renovations or upgrades that will make your home more energy efficient and comfortable. Most important of all, you could be eligible for up to $5,000 toward qualifying upgrades.
Get rebates up to $5,000
toward the cost of home energy upgrades
NEW REBATE/CRITERIA AS OF MAY 1, 2019
Up to $550 reimbursement of assessment fees
$150 for achieving 10% or more above target
$100 for achieving target
Windows & Doors
$40 per window or door structural opening or skylight, replaced with ENERGY STAR Zone 2 or 3 qualified model
$200 Replace existing natural gas water heater with 0.80 EF or higher tank type ENERGY STAR® qualified natural gas water heater
$200 Replace existing natural gas water heater with 0.90 EF or higher tankless type ENERGY STAR® qualified natural gas water heater
$750 for qualifying 95%+ AFUE condensing furnace or 90%+ AFUE boiler
$500 Increase attic insulation from R35 or less to at least R60
$500 Increase cathedral/flat roof insulation by at least R14
Rebates only available to qualifying Enbridge customers
$1,000 to add R23
$500 to add R12
$800 to add R23 to all crawlspace walls
$400 to add at least R10 to all crawlspace walls
$450 to add at least R24 to 100% of floor above
Min. 20% of total wall area must be upgraded. Rebates pro-rated based on the total area % upgraded.
Exterior Wall Insulation
$1,500 Add at least R9 to 100% of building to achieve a minimum of R12
$1,000 Add at least R3.8 to 100% of building to achieve a minimum of R12
$2,000 Add at least R20 to 100% of building
Min. 20% of total wall area upgraded. Rebates pro-rated based on the total wall area % upgraded.
Homes Exempt from the R12 Minimum:
1. Pertains to homes where the wall cavity structure is less than 2×4, thus wall cavity is insufficient to allow for an R12 upgrade (double or triple brick homes)
2. Homeowner is responsible for ensuring that pictures are taken at time of contractor insulation work, when the wall is open to demonstrate that the wall structure is eligible for the R12 exemption. Before and after pictures are required.
3. Homeowner is responsible for ensuring that these photos are provided to the energy advisor during the final energy assessment. Failure to provide these pictures will disqualify the homeowner from this rebate.
A MINIMUM OF 2 UPGRADES LISTED ABOVE MUST BE PERFORMED TO QUALIFY.
NOTE: Full program details available at enbridgesmartsavings.com/homerebate. Enbridge reserves the right to revise or cancel this program without advance notice including rebate amounts and eligibility. Homeowners are responsible for ensuring rebate eligibility, keeping invoices, required documents, meeting criteria and deadlines.
Perform 3 qualifying upgrades and get an additional $250. Complete 4 and get an additional $500 and so on, up to your cap of $5,000
Ways You Benefit
- Increased home comfort.
- Save Money Now – up to $5,000 back for qualifying renovations.
- Save Money Later – use less energy and save up to 20% on your energy bill every year.
- Boost your Home’s Value – improving windows, insulation and more makes your home more attractive to buyers.
- Own a detached or semi detached home, row/town house, or mobile home.
- You are a current Enbridge customer.
- Your house is currently heated by a natural gas furnace or boiler.
- You must complete an energy assessment both before & after renovations.
Call or Text: 519.914.5472
Toll Free: 866.296.WISE (9473) [email protected]
HOW TO CLAIM YOUR REBATES
- BEFORE starting any renovations, call a BuyWise Registered Energy Advisor.
- Our energy advisors will advise you on your upgrades and help you make sure you meet the qualifications.
- Your Registered Energy Advisor will complete a pre-renovation energy assessment of your home’s current energy use and generate a customized report explaining which upgrades will improve your home’s energy efficiency.
- Complete at least TWO of the eligible upgrades – complete the work yourself or hire a contractor of your choosing.
- AFTER the renovation call a BuyWise Registered Energy Advisor to complete a final assessment within 120 days of your initial assessment. Your energy advisor will collect and submit all the necessary paperwork to Enbridge.
- Then sit back in the comfort of your upgraded home and your rebate cheque will arrive within 120 days of submission.