Toll free 1-866-296-9473
Rebates are Available to Help Improve the Energy Efficiency of your Home
At BuyWise, we monitor energy incentive and rebate programs to keep our clients informed about new programs or changes to existing ones. And when you perform 2 qualifying upgrades, up to $550 of the costs of your home energy assessment is covered.
Union Gas Home Reno Rebate Program
A BuyWise Energy Advisor can perform a home energy assessment and will help you select the renovations or upgrades that will make your home more energy efficient and comfortable. Most important of all, you could be eligible for up to $5,000 from Union Gas and the province of Ontario toward qualifying upgrades.
Get rebates up to $5,000
toward the cost of home energy upgrades
Up to $550 reimbursement of assessment fees
$150 for achieving 10% or more above target
$100 for achieving target
$500 to increase to R50 from R12 or less
$250 to increase to R50 from R13 to R25
$500 to add R14 to a cathedral/flat roof
$1,500 to add R9 to achieve R12 or more
$1,000 to add R3.8 to achieve R12 or more
$1,000 to add R23
$500 to add R12
$800 to add R23 to all crawlspace walls
$400 to add at least R10 to all crawlspace walls
$450 to add at least R24 to 100% of floor above
Insulation rebates are pro-rated
Above rebate amounts assume 100% coverage
Windows & Doors
$40 per window or door structural opening or skylight, replaced with ENERGY STAR Zone 2 or 3 qualified model.
$200 to replace water heater with 0.80 EF or higher tanked natural gas heater OR a 0.90 EF or higher tankless natural gas heater.
$750 for qualifying 95%+ AFUE condensing furnace or 90%+ AFUE boiler.
Perform 3 qualifying upgrades and get an additional $250. Complete 4 and get an additional $500 and so on, up to your cap of $5,000
Rebates only available to qualifying Union Gas customers
A MINIMUM OF 2 UPGRADES LISTED ABOVE MUST BE PERFORMED TO QUALIFY.
NOTE: Full program details available at uniongas.com/homereno. Union Gas reserves the right to revise or cancel this program without advance notice including rebate amounts and eligibility. Homeowners are responsible for ensuring rebate eligibility, keeping invoices, required documents, meeting criteria and deadlines.
Ways You Benefit
- Increased home comfort.
- Save Money Now – up to $5,000 back for qualifying renovations.
- Save Money Later – use less energy and save up to 20% on your energy bill every year.
- Boost your Home’s Value – improving windows, insulation and more makes your home more attractive to buyers.
- Own a detached or semi detached home, row/town house, or mobile home.
- You are a current Union Gas customer.
- Your house is currently heated by a natural gas furnace or boiler.
- You must complete an energy assessment both before & after renovations.
Call or Text: 519.914.5472
Toll Free: 866.296.WISE (9473)
HOW TO CLAIM YOUR REBATES
- BEFORE starting any renovations, call a BuyWise Registered Energy Advisor.
- Our energy advisors will advise you on your upgrades and help you make sure you meet the qualifications.
- Your Registered Energy Advisor will complete a pre-renovation energy assessment of your home’s current energy use and generate a customized report explaining which upgrades will improve your home’s energy efficiency.
- Complete at least TWO of the eligible upgrades – complete the work yourself or hire a contractor of your choosing.
- AFTER the renovation call a BuyWise Registered Energy Advisor to complete a final assessment within 120 days of your initial assessment. Your energy advisor will collect and submit all the necessary paperwork to Union Gas.
- Then sit back in the comfort of your upgraded home and your rebate cheque will arrive within 120 days of submission.
Genworth Canada Mortgage Insurance Refund
Genworth Canada wants to help protect the environment and support consumers as they make environmentally friendly choices. Through the Energy-Efficient Housing Program, home buyers purchasing an energy-efficient home or making energy saving renovations are now eligible for significant premium savings when Genworth Canada insurance is obtained.
- A 10% refund of the Genworth Canada mortgage insurance premium
- Enhanced qualifying: Debt Servicing Ratios can be calculated using the estimated reduced heating costs as per the energy efficiency evaluation report
- Available on all Genworth Canada mortgage insurance products
- Purchase — New Construction or Existing Home
- Purchase Plus Improvements or Refinance with Improvements — where the improvements are being made to make the home more energy-efficient and are funded through a Genworth Canada insured mortgage
NOTE: Genworth reserves the right to revise or cancel this program without advance notice, including rebate amounts and eligibility. For more info: http://genworth.ca/en/products/energy-efficient-housing.aspx
We offer Home Energy assessments and Home Reno Rebates in Ontario, in the following locations:
Windsor, Kingsville, Leamington, Chatham, Wallaceburg, Sarnia, Strathroy, London, St. Thomas, Port Stanley, Aylmer, Tillsonburg, Ingersoll, Woodstock, Brantford, Cambridge, Kitchener, Waterloo, Guelph, Hamilton, Burlington, Oakville, Milton, Grand Bend, Goderich, Exeter, Stratford, Sault Ste. Marie, Wawa.